how to check whether the facebook app is installed or not?

Question

• Hai,

I have used share charm to share images on facebook,i need to check whether the facebook app is installed or not.how can i check this?

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 6:50 AM

Answers

• There is no way to tell which apps are installed and the app shouldn't need to know this.

Your app doesn't use the share charm to share to Facebook. It uses the share charm to share to wherever the user chooses.

If the user wishes to choose Facebook then she can (presumably if she wants the she has it installed). If she prefers Twitter or email or OneNote then she can choose those instead.

--Rob

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 7:25 AM

All replies

• There is no way to tell which apps are installed and the app shouldn't need to know this.

Your app doesn't use the share charm to share to Facebook. It uses the share charm to share to wherever the user chooses.

If the user wishes to choose Facebook then she can (presumably if she wants the she has it installed). If she prefers Twitter or email or OneNote then she can choose those instead.

--Rob

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 7:25 AM
  • hai rob,

is there any possibility to directly access facebook app instead of opening share charm and click facebook

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 2:00 PM
  • No, apps cannot communicate directly with other apps. You could use the facebook API to talk directly to facebook, but why do you want to limit your users like this?

What is your scenario? In most cases this will be a lot of work to get a poorer user experience.

--Rob

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 8:36 PM
  • Hai rob,

i can't share picture from absolute path using facebook api with winjs sdk thatsy i'm using share charm.now i'm clear about share charm thanks for your guidance.

Thursday, March 06, 2014 4:19 AM