Published beta update not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm working on a game in beta at current and have it on 3 phones.  So far only 1 update has been delivered to a device automatically, the rest say there is no update.  My latest update appears on nothing, even though the dev center says it's published.

How do I reliably publish updates for my game?

Cheers.

Nick.

Somewhere out there...

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:07 AM

All replies

• Hello Nick,

Are you updating the version number each time you are updating your app? If the version number is re-used you can experience this type of issue.

If you need any further assistance please create a support request.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Dev Center

Windows 8 UI Developer Support

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:29 PM
  • Yes it is automatically incremented, the assembly version and the package.  I'm using visual studio 2013 to create the package.  Every time I upload it the dev center says the new version with the incremented number is there, it isn't.

Unmarked as answer for obvious reasons.

Somewhere out there...

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:31 PM
  • For every 2 that I publish, 1 gets ignored.

So I'm now publishing twice every time just to get one update to work.

Somewhere out there...

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:01 PM
  • Also another weird thing I've noticed is when the update does actually show, it says it needs to do it over wifi when it's only 2mb~ Any idea how to prevent that. It's unlikely to ever be above 10mb.

Somewhere out there...

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:10 PM
  • Something is definitely screwy and this is most disappointing to be totally honest.

I've just done the following,

1.  Create a new package of my game, version.  Old version 1.2.0.11 new version 1.2.0.12.

2.  Updated my app in the dev center with some new release notes and published it.

3.  About 20 minutes later I got an email with the link.  Clicking link takes you to the page with no update available, still showing version 1.2.0.11.

4.  I then went to the store to publish the same package again just in case something went wrong.

5.  When updating the package the same release notes for version 1.2.0.11 are shown NOT 1.2.0.12.

6.  When attempting to reupload the 1.2.0.12 package it fails saying that the version must be greater than 1.2.0.12.

Nick. 

Somewhere out there...

Thursday, June 19, 2014 4:40 PM
  • I've just repackaged again, no code changes, this version now 1.2.0.13 and am publishing it again.

From previous experience I suspect this one will update the minute I get the email as it has before but I will report back here on the outcome. 

Somewhere out there...

Thursday, June 19, 2014 4:45 PM
  • I've submitted  support request as ideally like to publish a build, and that specific build become available.  call me fussy if you must lol.  

Somewhere out there...

Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:52 PM