.Net Reflector This Program is not a .NET module. So How Can I Extract Dll file From That Program? RRS feed

• Question

• // Assembly nak

Name: nak, 'C:\Users\USER\Desktop\nak.exe' is not a .NET module.
    I Used To Crack That Program To Extract dll in it 
    But Reflector Can't Do it 
    What Should I do?

Friday, June 23, 2017 9:53 AM

Answers

• Reflector only know how to handle a .NET assembly. Since most game hack tools uses native C/C++ to do the low level stuffs, this is not very likely.

If you need to extract an DLL embedded as resources, you may have some luck to open the EXE with Visual Studio that have C++ development environment installed. (without this option, VS IDE will not be able to open native resources)

Better yet, get a decompiler for C.

======

Btw, for game hacks it's also very common to load specific byte array and then mark the region as executable, and directly call address in that array in similar fashion like calling a .COM file in the DOS days. (These EXE will usually trigger warnings of heuristic scan of common antivirus) Even using a decompiler won't guarantee that you can find anything directly pluggable into your program.

======

Btw2, I wonder what you're trying to extract from a common trojan downloader?

Moderators, please lock this thread and move it to off-topics. Thank you.

• Edited by cheong00Editor Monday, June 26, 2017 10:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by DEMO_ITER Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:54 PM
    Monday, June 26, 2017 10:28 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• What are you trying to do exactly?

I don't understand what you mean by 'extracting a dll' from it.

If an exe is not a .Net assembly then you can't use it like one and Reflector (which is specifically a .NET decompiler) will not be able to process it.

• Edited by RJP1973 Friday, June 23, 2017 10:44 AM
    • Proposed as answer by cheong00Editor Monday, June 26, 2017 10:13 AM
    Friday, June 23, 2017 10:43 AM
  • i mean that To get .dll file from that program 

It's a Game Hack and it use inject .Dll file into game 
    But i can't find that .Dll file And then I want to crack that program to get that .Dll file 

sorry i'm poor at english
    • Edited by DEMO_ITER Friday, June 23, 2017 12:33 PM
    Friday, June 23, 2017 12:32 PM
  • Hi DEMO_ITER,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, do you mean you want to get some information of dll from .exe?

Yes, you could open and .exe file. Then you could get namespaces, class and functions, you have a bit of information about each of the components. You can see where the assembly is, its name, version, what type of assembly it is and so on.

You could download the .NET Reflector or FileGenerator for reflector.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. 

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 26, 2017 9:48 AM
  • Reflector only know how to handle a .NET assembly. Since most game hack tools uses native C/C++ to do the low level stuffs, this is not very likely.

If you need to extract an DLL embedded as resources, you may have some luck to open the EXE with Visual Studio that have C++ development environment installed. (without this option, VS IDE will not be able to open native resources)

Better yet, get a decompiler for C.

======

Btw, for game hacks it's also very common to load specific byte array and then mark the region as executable, and directly call address in that array in similar fashion like calling a .COM file in the DOS days. (These EXE will usually trigger warnings of heuristic scan of common antivirus) Even using a decompiler won't guarantee that you can find anything directly pluggable into your program.

======

Btw2, I wonder what you're trying to extract from a common trojan downloader?

Moderators, please lock this thread and move it to off-topics. Thank you.

• Edited by cheong00Editor Monday, June 26, 2017 10:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by DEMO_ITER Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:54 PM
    Monday, June 26, 2017 10:28 AM
    Answerer
  • But That Program Not Working With .NET Reflector. When I open that file in Reflector 
    it Show like: 
    Name: nak, 'C:\Users\USER\Desktop\nak.exe' is not a .NET module.
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:53 PM
  • Thanks You For Clearly Answer.
    But It Still Not working 
    I Still Can't Decompiler That Program.
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:55 PM