Windows 10 Pro App Certification RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking to certify my application as being a Windows Compatible product. Ultimately I am looking to put the Windows logo on my website for promotional/marketing use signifying to my customers of my software's compatibility with the Windows 10 Pro OS, Version 1909. Is the WACK link I have below the correct certification process to go about this? If not, can someone please link me to the correct process?

Assuming the WACK link below is the correct certification process, how often will I need to re certify my application as being a windows compatible product? With every new version of my application that I create do I need to run it through the WACK test and submit it to Microsoft for certification?

Link to WACK certification process

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/win_cert/windows-certification-portal

I was directed to post here from a previous forum I had asked a question in.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/59811/windows-app-certification-test-kit-failing.html

Wednesday, August 12, 2020 12:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>> Is the WACK link I have below the correct certification process to go about this?

No, the purpose of the WACK test is to check if the target app could run without any issue. This is a necessary for an app that would be uploaded to the store. And we will take the online WACK test result as standard which happened when the app is submitted to the store.

Best regards.

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, August 13, 2020 2:08 AM
  • >> If not, can someone please link me to the correct process?

Is there a certification process you could please link me to?

Thursday, August 13, 2020 11:56 AM
  • >> If not, can someone please link me to the correct process?

Is there a certification process you could please link me to?
    Thursday, August 13, 2020 11:57 AM
  • Hi,

No, there is no such a process.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, August 14, 2020 2:44 AM