none
Possible to incorporate a MySQL database and use voice recognition to search through it? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm pretty new with databases, but was hoping to be able to create one and use the kinect microphone array to search through the databases for names, as an example.  Not asking HOW to create a database, just how to incorporate it in with the project.  Would someone mind giving me just a quick little code snip it or a direction to target my searches?

Thanks in advanced!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:39 PM

Answers

• This topic is more related to the Speech API. Kinect is here just the microphone.

So, a good way to start might be the Speech SDK and it's help files. Learning about grammar and stuff would be my first step. You need to find a way to create a grammar, that unterstands all your commands and potential values. Then you need to translate the recognized text into an SQL statement.

Should be possible, but might result in a big grammar, containing half your database just to understand the important search terms lol

• Marked as answer by DARKSUPR3MACY Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:34 PM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:43 PM
  • Just in case, you can get started looking at the speech SDK from here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/speech/default.aspx

Eddy

I'm here to help
    • Marked as answer by DARKSUPR3MACY Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:15 PM
    Friday, June 24, 2011 11:54 PM

All replies

• This topic is more related to the Speech API. Kinect is here just the microphone.

So, a good way to start might be the Speech SDK and it's help files. Learning about grammar and stuff would be my first step. You need to find a way to create a grammar, that unterstands all your commands and potential values. Then you need to translate the recognized text into an SQL statement.

Should be possible, but might result in a big grammar, containing half your database just to understand the important search terms lol

• Marked as answer by DARKSUPR3MACY Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:34 PM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:43 PM
  • Thanks for the reply!  I will get started using your suggestions!
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:34 PM
  • Just in case, you can get started looking at the speech SDK from here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/speech/default.aspx

Eddy

I'm here to help
    • Marked as answer by DARKSUPR3MACY Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:15 PM
    Friday, June 24, 2011 11:54 PM