How to Configure Club Site Database ? RRS feed

• Question

• User-386954757 posted

hi

i  download  club site starter kit . i am getting error at the time of interaction with database ,

so please help to how to configure projects with database.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 9:06 AM

Answers

• User-1887695735 posted

OK, I talked to one of our GURUs around here and he showed me how to have it use MS SQL Server VS Server Express.

I created the Club database in my local SQL Server Management Studio on my local server and ran the supplied Club_add.sql statements.  I then detached it from the server, and copied the Club.mdf and Club.ldf files to the App_Data folder in the website.  I then re-attached it to my local server using Management Studio.  The only other thing that I had to do was to change the web.config file, like this:

<connectionStrings>

<add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="integrated security=SSPI;data source=localhost;persist security info=False;initial catalog=Club;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

</connectionStrings>

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:48 AM

All replies

• User1715189578 posted

Please check to see if in your local machine SQL Express you have your ClubDB installed. If you have the ClubDB.mdf and log files you can manually attach it to a SQL Express DB but make sure you give the same database name as it is in Starter kit

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:11 PM
  • User-386954757 posted

hi,

i  do it   successfulll , to  configure the database and also the site integration.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 12:37 AM
  • User-1887695735 posted

Does it work with MS SQL Server 2005?

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 2:23 PM
  • User-386954757 posted

ya , i had completed successfully integartion with SQL 2005.

just u have to run  the aspnet_sql.exe on urs database server

Thursday, June 12, 2008 12:25 AM
  • User-1887695735 posted

I am not sure that I understand what you mean by that.

I created a CLUB.MDF in my SQL Server 2005 and ran the club_add.sql.  All the tables and stored procs are there, but the application cannot deal with it.  It is as if it only wants to work with Express.  Is that the case?

Thursday, June 12, 2008 8:45 AM
  • User-1887695735 posted

OK, I talked to one of our GURUs around here and he showed me how to have it use MS SQL Server VS Server Express.

I created the Club database in my local SQL Server Management Studio on my local server and ran the supplied Club_add.sql statements.  I then detached it from the server, and copied the Club.mdf and Club.ldf files to the App_Data folder in the website.  I then re-attached it to my local server using Management Studio.  The only other thing that I had to do was to change the web.config file, like this:

<connectionStrings>

<add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="integrated security=SSPI;data source=localhost;persist security info=False;initial catalog=Club;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

</connectionStrings>

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:48 AM