none
VFP - Syntax question

Question

• Hello,

I have inherited an older application. 

Could someone please explain to me the syntax of this statement (it is a direct-to-printer command)?
    @ 36,75 say '*' + roll_num + '*' FONT 'Code 39 11/2LD HPLaser 108pt', 115

My understanding:

"36,75" is the positioning
    "SAY '*' + roll_num + '*'" is the content
    "FONT 'Code 39" indicates that this is a bar-code

But I have no idea how to decipher the rest of it. Your assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sandra

Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:26 PM

All replies

• That command is trying to display on screen roll_num  (if it is a string) at position 36,75 using font name 'Code 39 11/2LD HPLaser 108pt', size 115.

You may replace font name 'Code 39 11/2LD HPLaser 108pt' with an other barcode font installed on your computer

dni

Thursday, March 28, 2019 8:09 PM
  • Yes, this sends the whatever '*' + roll_num + '*" evaluates to to the current printer at the specified location. Following the FONT clause, everything in quotes is the font name, not just "Code 39". 115 is the font size.

FWIW, this is really ancient code. That hasn't been the best way to send something to a printer since about 1991.

Tamar

Thursday, March 28, 2019 8:10 PM
  • A much broader and more general answer: The VFPX project has an extended help also explaining legacy commands and functions instead of pointing out what to use in VFP.

https://github.com/VFPX/HelpFile/blob/master/setup/dv_foxhelp_vfp9sp2_v1.08.exe_signed.zip

Bye, Olaf.

Saturday, March 30, 2019 10:41 AM