How to Set Page Breaks RRS feed

• Question

• I have more than 10 pages
    And I want to add how this can be done

in report vb.net 2010

thank you

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:04 AM

All replies

• Some elements in the report can have a "Page break after" or "Page break before" property set on it which will cause a page break to occur. See for example http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms251701(v=VS.80).aspx

Assuming a typical report which has some rather large tables, the table itself should be broken into multiple pages if it's big enough. But it will only happen if you didn't set the "Keep together on one page if possible" property (which asks the renderer to not break the table if possible).

It would help if you would describe roughly how your report looks and where do you want the page breaks to occur. Also, which renderer are you using? Are you viewing the report in the Preview pane, or using the Report Viewer control for WinForms, WebForms, or just HTML...

Thanks,

Vitek Karas [MSFT]

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:05 AM
  • Report Viewer control  :WinForms  , Visual Studio 2010

I used to write static model more than 10 pages
    I mean I need ten pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:03 AM
  • Did you try using the "Page break after" property on your elements in the report?

I guess I don't understand the question, could you please describe in more details what you need?

Vitek Karas [MSFT]

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:05 AM
  • Yes, I want fragmentation report to several pages
    Page break after
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:15 AM
  • OK - and did you try setting the property? It has a checkbox in the properties dialog. For example the Rectangle has that.

Vitek Karas [MSFT]

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:20 AM
  • I'm sorry to bother you

I want to start a new page within the report

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:52 AM
  • This report applicable Crystal Report

See there are two pages

I want the same work in Visual reports 2010

• Edited by AL3ANEED Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:03 PM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:02 PM
  • Sample report:

Two rectangles each with a text box in it. The rectangles have the "Page break after" set to true. This is how it looks in the designer:

And now rendered:

Note that the toolbar shows this is the first page out of three. And only the first rectangle is shown. This is how it renders in the preview. If you render such a report in for example PDF, you will get a document with three pages.

Vitek Karas [MSFT]

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:14 PM
  • Excellent

This is who I want to do
    But did not set with me :(
    Possible explain more

The result

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:43 PM
  • The "Page break after" property is only available on rectangle, not on text box. Your report seems to have only two text boxes.

Second, you do have to set that property manually, it's OFF by default. This is how setting the property looks in the designer (Property box is for the rectangle element):

Vitek Karas [MSFT]

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:14 PM
  • thank you

100%

The problem was resolved

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:36 PM