Unable to submit windows 8 app update package RRS feed

• Question

• recently i submitted an app with windows 8 package & windows 8.1 package, everything went fine but when i tried to upload an updated package i am getting this error error link

i never uploaded any packages for windows phone 8.1, i tried package creating  & uploading several times but i am facing the same issue, please resolve my issue.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 8:08 AM

All replies

• your picture is too small to see
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 9:26 AM
  • See here

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:48 AM
  • We're having the exact same issue, our ability to update Windows 8 packages is completely blocked by this.
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:05 AM
  • Microsoft needs to fix this as soon as possible, i hope the same problem applies for windows phone 8 (not phone 8.1) packages too.
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:58 AM
  • It's Pathetic to see none responding on an issue, if none can't respond why am i seeing changes in my dashboard, i seriously miss the good old dashboard.
    Monday, July 27, 2015 5:44 AM
  • sorry for the inconvenience. however based on the error, it seems you have uploaded APPXBUNDLE in the previous submission, and are trying to upload APPX in this submission. Once you have published APPXBUNDLE  for an APP, you have to always upload APPXBUNDLE - you cannot upload APPX anymore. Make sure you select "Always" option for "Generate App Bundle" in VS during app package creation.

If you can provide the APP ID, we can look into it.

thanks, palash biswas [MSFT]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 8:22 AM
  • As i have already said i have never uploaded APPXBUNDLE in previous submission, i first uploaded packages for x86 , x64 & ARM architectures seperately from visual studio 2012 for windows 8 (exclusively), they are all appx.upload packages, everything went fine but the error came when i tried to upload the updated packages for windows 8, not only me even optimiz3 posted about the same trouble, i don't actually know how many are facing this issue.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 1:02 PM
  • Yes, technically you are right. You probably never uploaded APPXBUNDLE directly, however did you check the content inside APPXUPLOAD? APPXUPLOAD can contain APPXBUNDLE as well. As I mentioned earlier, if you can provide the APP ID, we will look into it.

Thursday, July 30, 2015 4:58 AM
  • As error popped several times while uploading packages i thought it may be resolved by deleting the windows 8 packages completely & hence i deleted them, now my only question is can i provide my windows 8.1 app ID (as i no longer have windows 8 packages in store) ? or can i make a brand new app & restrict it to just windows 8 customers by boycotting windows 8.1 & 10 customers ?

This is package SID: S-1-15-2-3327170673-3951636693-1236030021-2905835164-848113521-1150220409-1009389336(windows 8.1 package)

as my windows 8 packages are deleted & no longer in store, i can't provide it's ID

• Edited by kranthi88 Thursday, July 30, 2015 2:26 PM
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 2:17 PM
  • Please follow this thread to get your App Id -

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/05407632-5335-4867-9f59-5bdf5e8b4a12/application-id-in-the-new-dashboard?forum=wpsubmit

Once you will provide the App Id, we will be able to answer your question.

Thursday, July 30, 2015 6:35 PM
  • This is my app id : 9NBLGGH1P3P6 (windows 10)

for windows 8.1 & earlier : ed80c5f2-d1ef-4b3f-8537-459566de6b00

Friday, July 31, 2015 2:43 AM
  • We have found that currently you have published ###_1.1.0.5_AnyCPU_bundle.appxupload package. This .appxupload contains a .appxbundle. However now you are trying to upload ###_1.0.0.19_x86.appxupload which contains a .appx. (you can unzip the appxupload to check it out). Since you currently published .appxbundle, you cannot upload .appx anymore. this is . You have to compile and generate .appxbundle always.

Saturday, August 1, 2015 4:13 AM
  • Palash, while the technical underpinnings of the bug are appreciated, the system is broken.

Visual Studio's Windows 8 tooling only produces appxupload files and does not have any other option.

Although the tooling for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 does the right thing, the Windows 8 implementation as of now is completely broken by this.

Every developer with a Windows 8 support story doesn't have a solution for Windows 8, without developing custom infrastructure to crack open the appxupload/bundling toolchain.

Is good way to be fulfilling the Windows / Visual Studio value proposition?

• Edited by optimiz3 Saturday, August 1, 2015 6:57 AM
    Saturday, August 1, 2015 6:56 AM
  • @palash that is what i stated clearly in my previous posts, i have uploaded windows 8 packages for the first time & everything went fine but when i tried to upload updated packages i got this error & hence to resolve the error i deleted the entire packages, now they aren't there any more, so you see only package for windows 8.1 (.appbundle or what ever u may want to call), atleast listen to what optimiz3 is trying to say, we are facing the same issue!
    Sunday, August 2, 2015 3:16 PM
  • Understood the developer pain due to Win8 tooling issue. Much appreciated the input. Let me channel this question to right team.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:41 AM
  • @palash , do we need to await by the end of this month regarding this issue ? 
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 6:50 AM