Setting value in another list based on workflow list RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

My challenge is related to a Mileage Claim Process. I have 2 lists, the first being a Infopath forms library where the claims get submitted to and the other a list of requestors and a column for each claim period.

So if a user submits a claim for claim period August 2012 I would like the workflow to put a Yes value in the Requestors list on the associated column on the associated requestors row.

This way my payroll team has a view of the people who failed to submit the mileage claims for this period.

I understand I would need some kind of lookup on both the Requestor Name and Claim Period.

I can do this for one column using the Update Item but my issues is trying to update a specific column.

Any ideas?

Monday, October 1, 2012 2:33 PM

Answers

• You have to get into the SharePoint mind set. You have the right idea. Everything around SharePoint revolves around individual items. Workflows are kicked off when an Items is created or changed and you have access to all the information in that item.

If you want to update something in another list then you have to be able to identify it specifically so you need some sort of code that links the two and is unique (this is very important) it is no different if you want to do a specific column you just have to be able to identify the item using something in the current item.

• Marked as answer by Shane Miles Monday, October 22, 2012 2:46 PM
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:01 AM