none
Insufficient authentication scopes in relation to Syntax “Update” RRS feed

• Question

• Goal:
    Use Google Sheet API by using the syntax code "spreadsheets.values.update" in order to update the current cell.

Problem:
    I have used the code that is provded by Google Sheet's tutorial (https://developers.google.com/sheets/api/reference/rest/v4/spreadsheets.values/update) and it doesn't work.

I retrieve a error message saying:

"An unhandled exception of type 'Google.GoogleApiException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Additional information: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError

Request had insufficient authentication scopes. [403]

Errors [

Message[Request had insufficient authentication scopes.] Location[ - ] Reason[forbidden] Domain[global]

]"

Info:
    *I was enable to use Oath 2.0 authenfication in relation to syntax code "spreadsheets.values.get" (https://developers.google.com/sheets/api/reference/rest/v4/spreadsheets.values/get) and it works perfectly.
    *The same code of Oath 2.0 that is used in "spreadsheets.values.get" works well.
    **It is the same authenfication when I use for "get" and "update". It works for "get" but not for "update".

Thank you!

private void btn_test6_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) {

string[] Scopes = { SheetsService.Scope.Spreadsheets};
            string ApplicationName = "SheetUpdate"; //update this!

UserCredential credential; using (var stream = new FileStream("client_secret.json", FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read)) { string credPath = System.Environment.GetFolderPath(System.Environment.SpecialFolder.Personal); credential = GoogleWebAuthorizationBroker.AuthorizeAsync( GoogleClientSecrets.Load(stream).Secrets, Scopes, "user", CancellationToken.None, new FileDataStore(credPath, true)).Result; Console.WriteLine("Credential file saved to: " + credPath); } SheetsService sheetsService = new SheetsService(new BaseClientService.Initializer { HttpClientInitializer = credential, ApplicationName = "Google-SheetsSample/0.1", }); // The ID of the spreadsheet to update. string spreadsheetId = ""; // TODO: Update placeholder value. // The A1 notation of the values to update. string range = "datadata!A1:A6"; // TODO: Update placeholder value. // How the input data should be interpreted. SpreadsheetsResource.ValuesResource.UpdateRequest.ValueInputOptionEnum valueInputOption = (SpreadsheetsResource.ValuesResource.UpdateRequest.ValueInputOptionEnum)0; // TODO: Update placeholder value. IList<object> my = new List<object>(); my.Add("a"); my.Add("a"); my.Add("a"); my.Add("a"); my.Add("a"); my.Add("a"); IList<IList<object>> my2 = new List<IList<object>>(); my2.Add(my); // TODO: Assign values to desired properties of `requestBody`. All existing // properties will be replaced: Google.Apis.Sheets.v4.Data.ValueRange requestBody = new Google.Apis.Sheets.v4.Data.ValueRange(); requestBody.Values = my2; SpreadsheetsResource.ValuesResource.UpdateRequest request = sheetsService.Spreadsheets.Values.Update(requestBody, spreadsheetId, range); request.ValueInputOption = valueInputOption; // To execute asynchronously in an async method, replace `request.Execute()` as shown: Google.Apis.Sheets.v4.Data.UpdateValuesResponse response = request.Execute(); // Data.UpdateValuesResponse response = await request.ExecuteAsync(); // TODO: Change code below to process the `response` object: Console.WriteLine(JsonConvert.SerializeObject(response)); }

• Edited by Sakura Data Wednesday, March 21, 2018 11:31 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 9:43 AM

Answers

• The answer is

Remove new FileDataStore

credential = GoogleWebAuthorizationBroker.AuthorizeAsync(
                    GoogleClientSecrets.Load(stream).Secrets,
                    Scopes,
                    "user",
                    CancellationToken.None //,
                                           //new FileDataStore(credPath, true)
                    ).Result;

• Marked as answer by Sakura Data Wednesday, March 21, 2018 12:13 PM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 12:13 PM

All replies

• The answer is

Remove new FileDataStore

credential = GoogleWebAuthorizationBroker.AuthorizeAsync(
                    GoogleClientSecrets.Load(stream).Secrets,
                    Scopes,
                    "user",
                    CancellationToken.None //,
                                           //new FileDataStore(credPath, true)
                    ).Result;

• Marked as answer by Sakura Data Wednesday, March 21, 2018 12:13 PM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 12:13 PM
  • It's not that simple actually. You could remove this parameter, but it also will work in case you simply change this directory. API saves some auth data in that folder so you have to rewrite it or don't use it at all
    Sunday, October 11, 2020 7:15 AM