SSRS 2008R2 - Subscriptions RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to create a subscription for a report that contains several subreports.  I can create a subscription for each of the subreports, however, when I try to create the main report subscription I receive the "Subscriptions cannot be created because the credentials used to run the report are not stored, or if a linked report, the link is no longer valid." message.  The datasource is the same for all the subreports and the main report.  The main reports subscription page displays the little yellow yield sign, even though I have configured the datasource to store the credentials - exactly the same as the subreports.

Thursday, July 16, 2015 2:55 PM

Answers

• http://parasdoshi.com/2013/08/22/ssrs-email-subscription-ssrs-subscriptions-cannot-be-created-because-the-credentials-used-to-run-the-report-are-not-stored/

Vote As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue

Friday, July 17, 2015 3:11 AM
  • Hi LRobinsn,

According to your description, the main report contains multiple subreports. You are able to create a subscription for each subreport, but you are not able to create a subscription for the main report, right?

Based on the error message, generally, the issue is caused by that the stored credential hasn’t be specified. In your scenario, since you mention you are able to create subscription for all subreports, the issue should be on main report side.

Please check if you are using an embedded data source or a shared data source. Navigate to the corresponding data source of the main report, specify a stored credential for the data source. On data source page, please remember to test connection and click Apply button. Based on our test, after specifying the stored credential, the yellow exclamation sign should disappear automatically, then you are able to create a subscription.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 17, 2015 6:31 AM

All replies

• http://parasdoshi.com/2013/08/22/ssrs-email-subscription-ssrs-subscriptions-cannot-be-created-because-the-credentials-used-to-run-the-report-are-not-stored/

Vote As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue

Friday, July 17, 2015 3:11 AM
  • Hi LRobinsn,

According to your description, the main report contains multiple subreports. You are able to create a subscription for each subreport, but you are not able to create a subscription for the main report, right?

Based on the error message, generally, the issue is caused by that the stored credential hasn’t be specified. In your scenario, since you mention you are able to create subscription for all subreports, the issue should be on main report side.

Please check if you are using an embedded data source or a shared data source. Navigate to the corresponding data source of the main report, specify a stored credential for the data source. On data source page, please remember to test connection and click Apply button. Based on our test, after specifying the stored credential, the yellow exclamation sign should disappear automatically, then you are able to create a subscription.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 17, 2015 6:31 AM