none
trying to install 'Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install 'Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Setup, but I am getting a message, "Error: Cannot install on a 64-bit operating system." "This product is not supported on a 64-bit operating system."

I am trying to install Lexmark printer 7600 series.

Can anyone help?

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 2:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Jenn22red,

Thank you for your reply.

Some clarification with you:
    Is your issue solved?

I noticed that you're running Windows 7 now.

For Windows 7, it includes the .NET Framework 3.5.1 as an OS component. This means you will get the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 plus a few post 3.5 SP1 bug fixes. The feature of 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 can be added or removed via the Programs and Features control panel. Thus, you don't need to manually download .NET Framework 2.0 and install it on Windows 7.

If the problem still exists, please try Verification Tool to verify .NET Frameworks on your machine.
    Please check "Current status" to know the result of verification - success or failed.
    If they fail to be verified, we need to repair them. If you need to repair the .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7, you will need to use instructions like the ones in this blog post. (Also applied for Windows 7)

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:30 AM
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 4:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Jenn22red,

Thank you for your post.

What's your OS?
    Is your OS 32 bit or 64 bit?

Could you please check whether .NET Framework 1.1 is installed in Administrator permission and XP compatibility mode?

If you're running Vista or later OS on your machine, .NET Framework 2.0 is shipped with it as one of OS component.
    Thus, we don't need to manually install it. You can try Verifictaion Tool to verify .NET Frameworks on your machine.

If you're running XP or Windows Server 2003, could you please try the following points for further troubleshooting?
    1. Download .NET Framework 2.0
    2. Use Cleanup tool to remove the failed installation of .NET Framework 2.0
    3. Run the installer to install .NET 2.0

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 9:03 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I have sony vaio VGN-NR180E.

I have change my OS from Vista 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit. 

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 11:43 PM
  • Hi Jenn22red,

Thank you for your reply.

Is your issue solved?

I noticed that you're running Windows 7 now.

For Windows 7, it includes the .NET Framework 3.5.1 as an OS component. This means you will get the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 plus a few post 3.5 SP1 bug fixes. The feature of 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 can be added or removed via the Programs and Features control panel. Thus, you don't need to manually download .NET Framework 2.0 and install it on Windows 7.

If the problem still exists, please try Verification Tool to verify .NET Frameworks on your machine.
    Please check "Current status" to know the result of verification - success or failed.
    If they fail to be verified, we need to repair them. If you need to repair the .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7, you will need to use instructions like the ones in this blog post. (Also applied for Windows 7)

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:30 AM
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 4:12 AM