Trying the walktrough for writing an Orchard module RRS feed

• Question

• I'm following the Walktrough: Writing an Orchard Module but I'm stuck on the first part. On step 1-10 I had to modify the code to compile (cannot pass "Shop" as a string) and on step 1-12 when navigating to the URL I get HTTP Error 404 (Resource Not Found). Orchard is hosted on IIS (at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Orchard) so I also tried to navigate to http://localhost/Orchard/Commerce but that still fails with Error 404. Since this is an ASP.NET MVC don't I need to register a route anywhere to be able to navigate to that path? I'm just learning MVC please help me figure this out.

Thanks,

Omid

Saturday, August 21, 2010 10:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• I figured I had to enable the Commerce module from the Admin panel. The document above needs to be updated for this. Anyways, it's nice that Orchard handles all the routing.
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 3:46 AM
  • Hi Omid,

Walktrough: Writing an Orchard Module is only valid for previous version of orchard,you can follow Creating a module with a simple text editor,it works for orchard v0.5.

Thanks

Monday, August 23, 2010 5:42 AM
  • No doubt, I beat my head against that first one for a bit. The second one is a great tutorial. Much better written than the first one, which has lots of ambiguous instructions, I think -- which is what kept me trying it, thinking I'd done something wrong. I really like that second tutorial because it gives a lot of good explanations why we do something that we do.
    Monday, August 23, 2010 10:18 AM
  • I suggest after that tutorial read the document on Content Types. It helps understand how each component is defined in code. I'm getting a better idea how I'm going to create my application.
    Monday, August 23, 2010 10:36 AM