none
Unable to sign in to Visual Studio 2013: Script error

Question

• We had a user leave, and his corporate-provided MSDN account (MPN) was deleted from our partner account.

~3 weeks later we attempted to sign-in to the VS2013 instance in order to re-activate it, but after typing my (and a few other users) credentials in the initial login box, the second visual studio screen appears (visible in the background of the attached picture), but this script error screen also pops up stating that "An error has occurred in the script on this page"

Line: 22

Char: 2982 

Error:  Object doesn't support this action

Code:  0

URL:  https pp.vssps.visualstudio.com/_static/tfs/20160202T182117/_scripts/TFS/min/corejs?v=MIkPf9V9olbPKZDYhX0CnlVPFxxBqIzzD-zEJlJxbwk1

Please assist, as our development has become blocked and we need to be able to log in to this instance!

I tried to upload a pic, but am told:  "Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account."

Major support fail.

Thank you in advance!!!

Friday, February 05, 2016 7:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi TKPrett,

Please delete the IE cookie, and then re-sign in, how about the result?

Add the specific site as the trusted site in your IE.

>>But this script error screen also pops up stating that "An error has occurred in the script on this page"

Line: 22

Char: 2982 

Error:  Object doesn't support this action

Code:  0

URL:  https pp.vssps.visualstudio.com/_static/tfs/20160202T182117/_scripts/TFS/min/corejs?v=MIkPf9V9olbPKZDYhX0CnlVPFxxBqIzzD-zEJlJxbwk1

I met this kind of error before which was related to the VSO, but if possible, you could troubleshooting it using the detailed steps here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/e8fb58cf-35fb-4653-8d00-93f51e7cda31/troubleshooting-connections-from-internet-explorer-visual-studio-to-visual-studio-online?forum=TFService

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 08, 2016 12:39 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thank you for the quick response.

This fix would explain why -after deleting a registry key enumerated in another blog- I and another user were able to authenticate this instance but the required user is still unable to log in without receiving this same error message.  I am very hopeful, since IE appears to have its tentacles in any and every app installed on our machines.  The affected user is out of the office on a business trip today but I shall have him apply your provided suggestions as soon as he returns to the office!

Stay tuned!

Thanks again, Jack:  We "googled" long and hard on this one!

Monday, February 08, 2016 7:05 PM
  • Hi TKPrett,

If you get any latest information, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 4:07 AM