'IDataServiceConfiguration2' could not be found RRS feed

• Question

• hi,
    I am trying out ADO.NET data services labs given in VSTS 2010 training kit.
    While building the projects given in that, it throws this error :

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'IDataServiceConfiguration2' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 

which reference do i have to add for IDataServiceConfiguration2 ?

Avani
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 6:42 AM

Answers

• So I installed the training kit, and its clear to me that the v1.5 CTP should have been a pre-requisite install for these samples.

From the project file included in the kit:

<Reference Include="Microsoft.Data.Services, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
          <HintPath>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Program Files (x86)\ADO.NET Data Services V1.5 CTP1\bin\Microsoft.Data.Services.dll</HintPath>
        </Reference>
        <Reference Include="Microsoft.Data.Services.Client, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
          <HintPath>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Program Files (x86)\ADO.NET Data Services V1.5 CTP1\bin\Microsoft.Data.Services.Client.dll</HintPath>
        </Reference>

Install the CTP, found here, and then see if it works.
    Matt Meehan, ADO.NET Data Services (Astoria)
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Avani,

IDataServiceConfiguration2 is part of the recently released v1.5 CTP of ADO.NET Data Services. However, it should not be present in VSTS 2010.

Is the code that is using it just your DataService<T> sub-class that is auto-generated when you use 'Add new item'? Specifically, is it an argument to the InitializeService method?

If so, you should be able to simply replace it with 'IDataServiceConfiguration' and be good to go.

Let me know if this does not work for you. In the meantime, I will try to find out if this is a known issue with the VSTS 2010 training kit.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 4:03 PM
  • From asking around, it does not seem like this is a known issue, at least not within the ADO.NET Data Services team.

Do you have the CTP installed? I can't think of any reason you would get a reference to IDataServiceConfiguration2 without having the v1.5 CTP.

That being said, I will install the training kit myself and see if I can reproduce the issue you're seeing.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:14 AM
  • So I installed the training kit, and its clear to me that the v1.5 CTP should have been a pre-requisite install for these samples.

From the project file included in the kit:

<Reference Include="Microsoft.Data.Services, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
          <HintPath>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Program Files (x86)\ADO.NET Data Services V1.5 CTP1\bin\Microsoft.Data.Services.dll</HintPath>
        </Reference>
        <Reference Include="Microsoft.Data.Services.Client, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
          <HintPath>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Program Files (x86)\ADO.NET Data Services V1.5 CTP1\bin\Microsoft.Data.Services.Client.dll</HintPath>
        </Reference>

Install the CTP, found here, and then see if it works.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:00 AM
  • Hi Matt,
    Thanks a lot for taking time and replying to my question.
    I added the dlls from C:\Program Files\ADO.NET Data Services V1.5 CTP1\bin in the references of VS 2010 and its working fine for me now.
    Thanks again.

Avani

Thursday, August 27, 2009 5:56 AM
  • This error also occurs if you install ADO.NET Data Services v15 CTP2 ( ADONetDataServices_v15_CTP2.exe)
    I uninstalled CTP2 and reinstalled CTP1  then it worked OK.
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:24 AM