Design rich and full featured websites with MVC4 AND RAZOR RRS feed

• Question

• User-1539287071 posted

Hello,

I'm starting with MVC and razor...

I know the way to design attractive and full featured web sites in web forms, using a mix of third party server controls (specially the DataGrid related ones), Javascript, AJAX and related stuff.

But as long as Razor does not have server controls nor graphic design interface, I don't know what is the best way to develop a site using MVC and RAZOR.

Which tools should I use to work with a grid with lots of functions ? how can I design a webpage without an UI in design time ?

Thanks in advance,

Roger

Monday, April 8, 2013 8:38 AM

Answers

• User-474980206 posted

one of the main reasons to switch to MVC over webforms its so much easier to use ajax, and javascript toolkits (jqueryui, bootstrap, etc). there  lots of jquery components (buttons, grids, dropdowns, menus, etc). none of these toolkits work with the designer anyway.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 11:18 AM

All replies

• User-2129008975 posted

Use telerik controls.

Monday, April 8, 2013 8:44 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

one of the main reasons to switch to MVC over webforms its so much easier to use ajax, and javascript toolkits (jqueryui, bootstrap, etc). there  lots of jquery components (buttons, grids, dropdowns, menus, etc). none of these toolkits work with the designer anyway.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 11:18 AM