Email Manager for win8.1 ???

Question

• Hello,

As like Windows.ApplicationModel.Email namespace for windows phone 8.1 for sending mail from app. Is there any step in windows 8.1 app, so i can send mail from app inside? 

-Zanak

Thursday, August 21, 2014 4:27 AM

Answers

• No, not directly. What is the specific scenario? How do you want the mail to be used?

In many cases sharing the "mail" and letting the user choose to share it via email, social media, etc. is the best solution. In many others you will be better off connecting to a webservice rather than going through email, although you could launch a mailto: link or manage your own POP, IMAP, or other email connection.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by JanaksMVP Thursday, August 21, 2014 5:11 AM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 4:52 AM
    Owner

All replies

• No, not directly. What is the specific scenario? How do you want the mail to be used?

In many cases sharing the "mail" and letting the user choose to share it via email, social media, etc. is the best solution. In many others you will be better off connecting to a webservice rather than going through email, although you could launch a mailto: link or manage your own POP, IMAP, or other email connection.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by JanaksMVP Thursday, August 21, 2014 5:11 AM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 4:52 AM
    Owner
  • I want to integrate feedback process through app.
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 4:56 AM
  • For direct feedback I'd set up a webservice and talk directly to it rather than having an extra step through email.

--Rob

Thursday, August 21, 2014 5:07 AM
    Owner