Error 1935 on Visual Studio 2010 Pro installation (Windows XP Pro) - HResult 80070017 RRS feed

• Question

• User1248593712 posted

For some reason, over the time change weekend, my machine stopped being able to open up aspx files for projects in visual studio.

I was forced to do a reinstall of Visual Studio Pro 2010. This fails to install and I've kind of exhausted my troubleshooting.

Error is 1935 on the assembly Micorosoft.VisualStudio.Editor 10 with an hresult 0x80070017.

I have tried: sfc scannow

Increase Registry size limit

Cleared Temp Files

Scandisk with repair

uninstalled .NET 4.0 completely and then running the install again.

Running install as administrator.

It always fails right near the end of the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional section of the install.

Does someone have an idea I can try to get this back up and running? I have projects I need to manage.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 1:56 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi cdenby

Error 1935 on Visual Studio 2010 Pro installation (Windows XP Pro)

I think you could get help from Visual Studio Setup and Installation forum for this Visual Studio installation issue, you can discuss and ask questions about the install and setup of Visual Studio there.

Our asp.net installation and setup forum - If you have a ASP.NET question on a topic that get ASP.NET installed and running on your system - ask it here.

hope it helps you,

With regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 4:53 AM