none
Setting up Advanced Logging for Word 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me how to setup advanced logging for WORD 2010?  When I google "Advanced logging word 2010" I get all sorts of hints about advanced logging for OUTLOOK but that's not what I need.

Thanks in advance.  Carol.

Monday, March 28, 2016 3:23 PM

Answers

• Word has no such feature. Adding it would require developing to relevant code.

Do note, though, that Word does have features such as Track Changes, which allows one to track who made what changes & when to a document, and Document Compare which allows one to see how the current version of a document differs from an earlier version of the same document. Track Changes can be turned on/off by the individual user - who can also accept/reject changes so they're no longer tracked - so it shouldn't be considered a failsafe logging tool.

Document management systems such as SharePoint also provide logging tools that can be applied to Word documents.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Edited by macropodMVP Monday, March 28, 2016 9:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by cpnc Monday, March 28, 2016 10:06 PM
    Monday, March 28, 2016 9:54 PM

All replies

• Word has no such feature. Adding it would require developing to relevant code.

Do note, though, that Word does have features such as Track Changes, which allows one to track who made what changes & when to a document, and Document Compare which allows one to see how the current version of a document differs from an earlier version of the same document. Track Changes can be turned on/off by the individual user - who can also accept/reject changes so they're no longer tracked - so it shouldn't be considered a failsafe logging tool.

Document management systems such as SharePoint also provide logging tools that can be applied to Word documents.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Edited by macropodMVP Monday, March 28, 2016 9:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by cpnc Monday, March 28, 2016 10:06 PM
    Monday, March 28, 2016 9:54 PM
  • Thanks, Paul.  I guess that sort of makes sense...but it doesn't help.  Carol.
    Monday, March 28, 2016 10:06 PM
  • Hi Carol,

I agree with Paul, Word has no such feature. If you have any other issues about word developing, please feel free to post in this forum.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 2:46 AM