none
Kinect SDK fails to set new frame description RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Unity application where I'm trying to use the color data with shaders etc but the default image format is YUV2 and it takes about 1/4 of a frame to convert them to rgb, so I though about changing the frame description but from what I've seen, while the object cache gets a new frame description object, the ColorFrameSource object does not update its frame description permanently for some reason. The WeakReference continues to show the IntPtr which refers to the old frame description so it ends up changing nothing.

I'm creating the new description just before calling KinectSensor.Open but even afterwards it doesn't change anything.

Also when I'm accessing the new frame in the Update function I still see the YUV2 2bit per pixel frame description if I navigate to the ColorFrameSource in the Watch panel.

Monday, January 18, 2016 2:24 PM

All replies

• To be more precise, there's a ColorFrameSource.cs in the SDK unity package where it calls the Windows_Kinect_ColorFrameSource_CreateFrameDescription function from the c++ dlls, which is supposed to allocate space for the new FrameDescription object and update the ColorFrameSource's internal frame description pointer with it before constructing the new FrameDescription elsewhere. But it doesn't update the ColorFrameSource's internal frame description pointer to the new pointer so it keeps producing YUV2 frames.

Is there a chance of it being fixed?

Thursday, January 21, 2016 10:08 AM