Problem running CreateDatabase.usql - Secret not found for the specified user account Cosmos Path wasb://mag-2018-12-22@magName RRS feed

• Question

• I want to query the MAG and got the following problem. What I am trying to achieve is to run a query similar to this: https://github.com/Azure-Samples/academic-knowledge-analytics-visualization/blob/master/src/AcademicAnalytics/03.%20Conference%20Papers%20Basic%20Statistics/PaperYearlyStatisticsInConference.usql

After copying the script and running the script I got the message that I first have to run the "CreateDatabase.usql" file, provided in the samples folder. So I copied the script, replaced the placeholder variables by the according data and ran the script using the "New Job" functionality , this finally gave me the following error: E_STORE_USER_FAILURE_83090A05: Secret not found for the specified user account Cosmos Path: wasb://mag-2018-12-22@magfhsbgangerer/mag/Affiliations.txt

Back in January I ran the sample scripts "CreateFunctions.usql" and the "AcademicGraphSampleUsingBolb.usql", both ran through properly. I didn't change any of my two storage keys until now, so I don't really have an idea where this error is coming from. I am a newbie to the MAG and Microsoft Azure so I appreciate any help with this.

I didn't use any other tools like Visual Studio or anything else, I was only working on the Azure Platform and running the scripts there
    • Edited by Vera Angerer Wednesday, March 20, 2019 3:33 PM extra information
    Wednesday, March 20, 2019 3:26 PM

All replies

• Did you already check you Azure Storage data source for you ADLA account like described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-lake-analytics/data-lake-analytics-manage-use-portal#manage-account-data-sources

"To add an Azure Blob storage, you need the storage account and the account key, which can be found by navigating to the storage account in the portal."

Maybe the account key has changed?

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 3:34 PM
  • Thank you for the link, I've checked my setup and according to the documentation (the link you provided) I've set up my Azure Storage data source for my ADLA correctly. I checked if the keys match, they do, I also regenerated the keys, and updated them in my ADLA.

But I still get the same error as before. Any other hints from your side?

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 9:50 PM
  • Did you add the Blob Storage account to the Data Lake account in Azure Portal?
    Thursday, March 21, 2019 2:15 PM
  • @Vera Angerer Just checking in to see if you have had a chance to see the previous response. Could you share the above required information to understand/investigate this issue further?

Monday, March 25, 2019 9:02 AM
  • I have the same error. No problems until execution of U-SQL script from ADF activity on 2019-03-22 7:55 AM UTC.

Error visible in ADF Monitoring: 

Activity <ActivityName> failed: Error Id: E_STORE_USER_FAILURE_83090A05, Error Message: Secret not found for the specified user account Cosmos Path: wasb://container@path.

Error in ADLA job history:

Component
    STORE
    Secret not found for the specified user account Cosmos Path: wasb://container@path
    Resolution
    Please correct the user operation.
    Description
    A user operation has resulted in a store failure.

I have no issues when I click Test Connection using defined ADLA Account in ADF2 U-SQL Actitvity. I can see the blob storage in my ADLA Data explorer and see the path (files) that shows the error above during the execution of U-SQL activity.

UPDATE! When I execute the ADF pipeline containing the U-SQL activity in Debug mode it finishes fine. If it is executed using trigger or as rerun it fails.

• Edited by Petr_J Tuesday, March 26, 2019 1:24 PM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2019 1:07 PM
  • @Petr_J Can you share me the screen shot of the error message or error code?  

Just for clarification: Did you already check you Azure Storage data source for you ADLA account like described here:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-lake-analytics/data-lake-analytics-manage-use-portal#manage-account-data-sources

"To add an Azure Blob storage, you need the storage account and the account key, which can be found by navigating to the storage account in the portal."

Maybe the account key has changed?

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 11:12 AM
  • @SumanthMarigowda-MSFT: Sorry my issue was completely caused by my silly error. 

As I migrated solution from development to test environment I left wrong path in ADF2 trigger parameter setup. That explains why it worked in debug mode (where I entered path manually to test storage/ADLA) and not when executed by trigger (where path pointed to development and not to test storage).

We have accounts per each environment so all worked perfectly well and it is impossible to process data across environments with our setup.

I realized it yesterday, fixed trigger parameter setup and it all was executed fine during nightly execution.

Thursday, March 28, 2019 5:47 PM
  • Glad to hear that issue got fixed. Appreciate for sharing the steps which helped you, this would certainly benefit other community members, If you need any future support, please feel free to contact us anytime! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Monday, April 15, 2019 2:41 AM