Disable ms-store -store:PDP?PFN to run Metro app

Question

• Hi All,

Hope all is well with you...

Metro apps were working fine for few times when it installed fresh. Soon, it stops working. Refresh did not help. If re-install, works again but ended up in not working.

What happens is this, whenever we click an app, the store app opens automatically and ended up with this error message.

"

Hence, I feel that if we can disable the store app, the problem will be solved. Do anyone know how to do that? May be a registry change or so?

Thanks Guys....Good luck

Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:40 AM

All replies

• Chan4k,

Thank you for posting your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files. You can submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

In case the link above gets messed up, the URL is below:

ADD1-RY34-K4T4
    (
    https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=ADD1-RY34-K4T4)

The last link goes to: How do I install the Windows Feedback Tool and file a bug

If there are any questions let us know.

Thanks,

Chris
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:45 PM
  • Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply, I had already submitted the log files as Steven suggested using feedback tool quite a while ago. (Refer below thread for more info)

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/a4608c97-b314-4561-9180-7d544cd59804

But I did not receive any reply so far. If possible could you guide me to make this happen?

Thanks

Friday, October 14, 2011 3:55 AM
  • Chan4k,

In the account that you are using, is it connected to a Windows Live ID?

If so then I would like for you to create a local account to see if it has the same problems?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris
    Friday, October 14, 2011 1:23 PM
  • Hi Chris,

Below are the combinations that I tried.

1. Windows live account

2. NEW local account with "admin" rights

3. New local account with "Standard" right.

4. Default account that created during windows set up.

None of them, After I read the forum in detail, few of us still have the same problems and some of the above combinations had helped some people.

Please feel free to ask me if you need more info. I really enjoyed Metro apps lot when it was working...Now sad..:(

Thanks Chris. Good luck

By

Chandra

Friday, October 14, 2011 4:00 PM
  • Chan4k,

How are you installing Windows Developer Preview?

Have you tried downloading a different .iso and installing it that way?

Have you updated all of your drivers and downloaded all of the Windows Developer Preview updates?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris
    Friday, October 14, 2011 9:25 PM
  • Hi Chris,

I downloaded the

Windows 8 Developer Preview English, 32-bit (x86)

then I used to "windows disc image burner" that given on the same page to create a bootable USB. Then followed install.

I did a clean install. The default version works fine and Metro app showed "No internet connection".

Then I installed "My D-link 3.5G Modem" to use internet. Just few minutes it worked after restart, the problems happen. None of the apps are working, If I created anyother local account with admin rights or standard rights, the apps ended up with "Green screen". I am running 1024x768. So resolution is not a problem.

So can you recommend some other solutions? Thanks

Note: The id that created during installation lead to Store menu when open any metro app and ended up error message

But the another local account and live account, Noting display end up with Green screen. Thanks

• Edited by Chan4k Sunday, October 16, 2011 9:49 AM
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 8:05 AM
  • Hello Chan4k,

The ms-store -store:PDP?PFN error is being investigated which is why Steven requested you to send feedback and logs. 
    Sorry, but on the Microsoft Connect page when you submitted feedback or a bug, it stated, "Microsoft will not provide status updates of the bugs you have submitted."

Marilyn
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:53 PM