cspack.exe - problems executing via Command Line RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having problems using cspack to create my cspkg file for Azure. I can create the cspkg file okay with Visual Studio (which I believe uses cspack), but when I run on the command line I get the following error.

Error  CloudServices077 : Need to specify the physical directory for the virtual path 'Web/' of role .......

I am using Windows Azure SDK 1.4, and have found various blogs suggesting resolutions to this issue, but I still cannot get it to work. I have created a properties file with TargetFrameWorkVersion=v4.0 in the solution route directory and references in the command line but this is not working.

Here is the commandline I am executing;

C:\TFSRepository\Main\Source\InternationalCloud\InternationalCloud.Azure>cspack
    ServiceDefinition.csdef /role:InternationalCloud.MVCWebUI;C:\TFSRepository\Main\
    Source\InternationalCloud\InternationalCloud.Azure\bin\Release\InternationalClou
    d.Azure.csx\roles\InternationalCloud.MVCWebUI\approot\bin;InternationalCloud.MVC
    WebUI.dll /rolePropertiesFile:InternationalCloud.MVCWebUI;properties.txt /out:pa
    ckage\intcloud.cspkg

Also, can any tell me whether cspack incorporates msbuild, or should be run after msbuild.

Many Thanks...

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:01 AM

All replies

• Apologies, I have now moved this thread to the MSBuild forum...
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:04 AM