none
Licensing MDL2 Assets Segoe Symbol Font for Win 7/8 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Microsoft Team,

searching the web and the microsoft forums, I found no information about licensing the Windows 10 symbol font MDL2 Assets.

We are designing a Graphic User Interface for a in-house software with users working with Windows 7/8 and Windows 10.

We want to use the newer symbol font on all platforms. Is this possible? Is there a possibility to license the MDL2 Assets Font without installing Win 10?

Thanks for your reply

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 11:45 AM

Answers

• Dear A. Nilges,

Thank you for posting here.

Did you want to use the Segoe MDL2 Assets without installing windows 10?

Based on my search, the windows 10 must be installed.

With the release Windows 10, the Segoe MDL2 Assets font replaced the Windows 8/8.1 Segoe UI Symbol icon font. ( Segoe UI Symbol will still be available as a "legacy" resource.)

For more information, please see the document.

To obtain Segoe MDL2 Assets, you must install Windows 10.

I suggest that you can provide your suggestion on user voice website, the next feature maybe add the feature.

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by A. Nilges Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:53 AM
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 2:15 AM

All replies

• Dear A. Nilges,

Thank you for posting here.

Did you want to use the Segoe MDL2 Assets without installing windows 10?

Based on my search, the windows 10 must be installed.

With the release Windows 10, the Segoe MDL2 Assets font replaced the Windows 8/8.1 Segoe UI Symbol icon font. ( Segoe UI Symbol will still be available as a "legacy" resource.)

For more information, please see the document.

To obtain Segoe MDL2 Assets, you must install Windows 10.

I suggest that you can provide your suggestion on user voice website, the next feature maybe add the feature.

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by A. Nilges Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:53 AM
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 2:15 AM
  • Dear Hart,

Thanks for your reply.

Too bad that it is not possible.

Best Regards, A. Nilges

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 9:06 AM