none
How come can the executable program not be run up? RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a c# sample program from 3rd party. I can open it using VC# 2019 and ran it successfully. But when I tried to run it by clicking its executable file, I saw nothing happened. How come? I checked the command line parameter field at VC#, it is empty. So, running that program doesn't need any parameter.

What's wrong with it? What can I do with it?

Monday, August 5, 2019 8:36 AM

All replies

• Check event log if there is not any error.
    Monday, August 5, 2019 9:18 AM
  • Hello,

I would ask the third party company what might be the issue for this.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, August 5, 2019 10:22 AM
  • You did not say if it is a console program or whatever. If it is a console program then it is probably doing the same thing that all console programs do!

If it is not a console program then I would execute a debug build using the debugger. I would put a breakpoint in strategic places, such as the window (form) creation. If the program ignores errors then you should add code to check for errors.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, August 5, 2019 5:58 PM
  • Probably blocked by your antivirus and/or some type of "dont run unknown .exe-policy"
    • Edited by ThisNewbie Tuesday, August 6, 2019 12:11 PM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 11:51 AM