none
Using EWS API in Orchestrator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I need to use the EWS API from System Center Orchestrator. I have made a simple script to logon to a mailbox using impersonation. The script runs fine from Powershell ISE on the Orchestrator machine. But when I paste the code on a .net activity (powershell) I get the following error:

Exception calling "Bind" with "2" argument(s): "The request failed. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."

This is the code:

## Define UPN of the Account that has impersonation rights
    $AccountWithImpersonationRights = "admin@contoso.com"
    ##Define the SMTP Address of the mailbox to impersonate
    $MailboxToImpersonate = "user@contoso.com"

## Load Exchange web services DLL
    $dllpath = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange\Web Services\2.0\Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll"
    Import-Module $dllpath

## Set Exchange Version
    $ExchangeVersion = [Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeVersion]::Exchange2013_SP1

## Create Exchange Service Object
    $service = New-Object Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService($ExchangeVersion) 

$KeyFile = "c:\sistemas\scripts\securestrings\AES.key"
    $Key = Get-Content $KeyFile
    $PasswordFile = "c:\sistemas\scripts\securestrings\admin_AES.txt"
    $secpasswd = Get-Content $PasswordFile | ConvertTo-SecureString -Key $key
    $creds = New-Object System.Net.NetworkCredential("contoso\admin",$secpasswd) 

$service.Credentials = $creds 

# Change the URL to point to your cas server
    $service.Url= new-object Uri("https://owa.contoso.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx")

##Login to Mailbox with Impersonation

$service.ImpersonatedUserId = New-Object Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ImpersonatedUserId([Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ConnectingIdType]::SmtpAddress,$MailboxToImpersonate ); 

#Connect to the Inbox and display basic statistics
    $InboxFolder= new-object Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.FolderId([Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.WellKnownFolderName]::Inbox,$ImpersonatedMailboxName) 
    $Inbox = [Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Folder]::Bind($service,$InboxFolder)

$ArchiveFolder= new-object Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.FolderId([Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.WellKnownFolderName]::ArchiveMsgFolderRoot,$ImpersonatedMailboxName) 
    $Archive = [Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Folder]::Bind($service,$ArchiveFolder)

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:29 PM

Answers

All replies