Styling with mobile controls. RRS feed

• Question

• User1353940905 posted

hi guys,

Im using VS 2005 to develop a mobile website/application. i have found the default style controls to be very restrictive, allowing only very primative styling such as text colour/weight, color etc. is there any other styling method i could use? also when i veiw my pages on a emulator any spans or divs i created manually are ignored from the pages source code?! im using XHTML 1.0

any help would be ..... helpful :)

Friday, September 14, 2007 7:56 AM

Answers

• User113421904 posted

Hi lost_benny,

Im using VS 2005 to develop a mobile website/application. i have found the default style controls to be very restrictive, allowing only very primative styling such as text colour/weight, color etc. is there any other styling method i could use? also when i veiw my pages on a emulator any spans or divs i created manually are ignored from the pages source code?! im using XHTML 1.0

Based on my understanding, this is because the default property is used to support different devices. According to your description, you can try XHTML adaptive rendering or adding custom attribute for the control. MobilePage class has a property called CustomAttributes. By setting the Allow CustomAttributes property of the MobilePage class to true will allow all of the ASP.NET Mobile Web controls on the page to have custom attributes. You can see this Url for more details:

Custom Attributes for Mobile Controls

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, September 17, 2007 8:22 AM

All replies

• User113421904 posted

Hi lost_benny,

Based on my understanding, this is because the default property is used to support different devices. According to your description, you can try XHTML adaptive rendering or adding custom attribute for the control. MobilePage class has a property called CustomAttributes. By setting the Allow CustomAttributes property of the MobilePage class to true will allow all of the ASP.NET Mobile Web controls on the page to have custom attributes. You can see this Url for more details:

Custom Attributes for Mobile Controls

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, September 17, 2007 8:22 AM
  • User1353940905 posted

thanks for your reply Zhao, i will look into your suggestion and let you know if it helps.

benny

Monday, September 17, 2007 9:23 AM