Get Notification for my App Update in market place RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I have created a new app named KandhaGuruKavasam in market place, i have updated my app for small bug fix my update version is also published in market place but i am not getting any update notification to update my app but i could see some update notification for some other installed app in my mobile

could you please tell me what i shoud do ?

Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You can see that updates in Store  --> Updates --> you can see all the version changed apps.

But if you want to show the special notification to user, you can probably go with push notifications.

-Malleswar

Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:33 AM
  • I think you misunderstood the question. i have created an app and published. after few days i created update for app and published too.

If you have some other apps like facebook, calendar etc.. we will see some number in the market place tile with the number of updates are required. but my app was not listed even after i released an update.

do i need to do any change in code ?

Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:37 PM
  • If your updated app got certified and published, then the users  are notified automatically that there is an update available.

Please make sure that you are following the steps provided in the following article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/help/jj631569(v=vs.105).aspx

Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:16 PM
  • Users should get notification in about 2-3 days after your app is certified and published. 

Or you can also consider changing the version number in WMAppManifest.xml and Windows Phone store when you upload a new update. 

Gaurav Khanna | Microsoft VB.NET MVP | Microsoft Community Contributor

Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:38 PM
  • Hi,

I remember one of my app installed as two instances on my device as I changed the app name (.exe name) and submitted.  In this case, there was no update. Just check, if it is the same case with you.

Note - It was long back and it was for WP 7.5.

-Malleswar

Friday, March 28, 2014 5:21 AM