none
Word prediction in MS Word RRS feed

• Question

• I want to implement word prediction in word. Addin should be able to read key stroke and predict words. I have implemented keyboard hook for reading key strokes, based on which I am able to get words from the database. I want to know that how should I present those words for prediction? I was suggested smart tags but I could not get them working. Please suggest what should be used to show the predicted results? Thanks in advance.

Dharam Veer Sharma

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Dharam,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I will involve some experts into your issue to see whether they can help you. There might be some time delay, appreciate for your patience.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Dear Tom

Can commandbar be a solution to it? I have created a commandbar with predictd words as captions of the buttons but there are some problems:

1. While typing a word how to get the part of the word typed? e.g. while typing "Sample" suppose I have typed "Sam" then how to get this text. I tried selection but it does not work. This text is to be replaced with the caption of the button selected from commandbar.

2. How to position commandbar near the cursor as commandbar is create near the mouse pointer?

If these two problems can be solved then I can use commandbars.

Regards

Dharam Veer Sharma

Friday, November 23, 2012 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Dharam,

I will involve some experts into your issue to see whether they can help you. There might be some time delay, appreciate for your patience.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Thursday, November 22, 2012 6:04 AM
  • SmartTag can recognize words with special pattern,  for example a date time. But it could not recognize in middle of typing.  What you describe is really useful requirement. I ever see similar function in third party Input Method provider.  

It's useful to auto-outline words or phrase that people previously typed, but I don't think it's good idea to provide such option from whole dictionary. Microsoft Excel has such auto-complete functions.

The scenario for Word is not that clear as Excel though. I haven't talked much about design/implement of your requirement yet.

with regards,

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:20 AM
  • Hi Dharam,

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Thanks Tom. For help, I suggest using Microsoft Indic Language Tool, which suggests words for typed characters in a balloon. I want some similar kind of solution.

Dharam Veer Sharma

Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:33 PM
  • Hi Dharam,

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Dear Tom

Can commandbar be a solution to it? I have created a commandbar with predictd words as captions of the buttons but there are some problems:

1. While typing a word how to get the part of the word typed? e.g. while typing "Sample" suppose I have typed "Sam" then how to get this text. I tried selection but it does not work. This text is to be replaced with the caption of the button selected from commandbar.

2. How to position commandbar near the cursor as commandbar is create near the mouse pointer?

If these two problems can be solved then I can use commandbars.

Regards

Dharam Veer Sharma

Friday, November 23, 2012 3:44 PM