none
Does Windows 10 support BCryptGenRandom? RRS feed

Answers

• Do you have any reason to believe that it doesn't?

The BCryptGenRandom documentation states that the minimum supported version of Windows is Windows Vista, meaning that it is Vista and all newer versions of Windows. There are no notes stating that it may be removed in future versions of Windows. This documentation also states that it is available for UWP apps, which basically states Windows 10.

So from the documentation alone, yes it is fully supported in Windows 10.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:12 PM

All replies

• This is the WES8 forum. Let me get you to a more appropriate forum.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, August 29, 2019 3:01 PM
  • Do you have any reason to believe that it doesn't?

The BCryptGenRandom documentation states that the minimum supported version of Windows is Windows Vista, meaning that it is Vista and all newer versions of Windows. There are no notes stating that it may be removed in future versions of Windows. This documentation also states that it is available for UWP apps, which basically states Windows 10.

So from the documentation alone, yes it is fully supported in Windows 10.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:12 PM
  • Hi, Thank you for confirming it.
    Sunday, September 1, 2019 11:35 AM