none
After deploying TP3, can't open the portal

Question

• I have successfully deployed TP3 by using ADFS. The first time I connected to the CON01, I did open the portal both admin and tenant. But when I signed out, I could no longer open it again.

I tried reset the CON01, WAS01 and WASP01, but nothing changed.

Also, when I tried to configure Powershell by using

Add-AzureStackAzureRmEnvironment -AadTenant $AadTenant -Name AzureStack

it turns out the following error message:

Is there anyone who can solve this problem?

Also, I wonder what exactly is the <host address> when configuring the Powershell environment.

Set-Item wsman:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts -Value "<Azure Stack host address>" -Concatenate
    I tried to enter my host machine's IP address (not BGPNAT01). Am I wrong?

Very appreciated if someone can help.

Saturday, March 18, 2017 10:52 AM

Answers

• Can you please check the following:

1. Make sure the WAS & WASP VMs are running.

2. On the VMs, make sure the sites are running. We first hit the shell site. Here is how you can do it from the console VM:

Enter-PSSession -ComputerName <Name of WAS>

Import-Module WebAdministration

Get-ChildItem -PSPath IIS:\Sites | fl name,state | ft -AutoSize

3. You can test connection to the site (name resolution, port connectivity):

Test-NetConnection -Port 443 -ComputerName portal.local.azurestack.external -InformationLevel Detailed

Test-NetConnection -Port 443 -ComputerName MAS-WAS01 -InformationLevel Detailed

Based on output of point 2, you may test connection to the various extensions on their respective ports. Repeat the tests for WASP VM also if the tenant portal is also failing. This will set you on a path to understand what is wrong.

Regards

Rajeev

Regards, Rajeev Narshana [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 12:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Evelyne,

Can you verify that all the infrastructure VMs are up and running in Hyper-V Manager?

Thanks,

Charlie

Monday, March 20, 2017 6:32 PM
  • Yes, All VMs are up and running normally.

Actually I had once opened the portal (both admin and tenant), but when I logged out, I can no longer sign in again.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 5:05 AM
  • Can you please check the following:

1. Make sure the WAS & WASP VMs are running.

2. On the VMs, make sure the sites are running. We first hit the shell site. Here is how you can do it from the console VM:

Enter-PSSession -ComputerName <Name of WAS>

Import-Module WebAdministration

Get-ChildItem -PSPath IIS:\Sites | fl name,state | ft -AutoSize

3. You can test connection to the site (name resolution, port connectivity):

Test-NetConnection -Port 443 -ComputerName portal.local.azurestack.external -InformationLevel Detailed

Test-NetConnection -Port 443 -ComputerName MAS-WAS01 -InformationLevel Detailed

Based on output of point 2, you may test connection to the various extensions on their respective ports. Repeat the tests for WASP VM also if the tenant portal is also failing. This will set you on a path to understand what is wrong.

Regards

Rajeev

Regards, Rajeev Narshana [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 12:57 PM
  • Thank you very much for the help!

Though the first time it didn't help when I tried the above commands from POSH of host machine (all of the output showed well), I managed to open the portal after entering each VM (WAS and WASP), running the above commands again.

Although the state of the portal seems not that stable, I hope I can test further more functions about TP3.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:09 PM
  • I'm sorry, my portal failed to open again when I reconnected to the remote server.

This time I tried all you mentioned as well as connected directly to the WAS and WASP VMs, running the scripts you gave me, but none of them really solved the problem (though all of the output are good).

I deployed TP3 with ADFS, and the first time I tried your solution, I can open the portal and even create a storage account.

But when I reconnected to the machine again (the server itself is always on), the portal can't be displayed again. Do you have any more efficient way to solve this problem? 

Friday, March 24, 2017 1:09 PM