none
Bing AutoSuggest Module Performance in IE 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've implemented the autosuggest functionality on 2 different applications.  I've noticed a stark contrast in the performance of the module.  Chrome and Safari load a suggestion almost instantaneously.  IE takes a few Seconds.  THen on clicking a suggestion in IE, it takes a few seconds to put a pin on the location.  I've used the generic implementation from the SDK.

The issue only appears to be in IE, but there is a significant delay.  Other browsers don't seem to have this issue. 

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?  I don't see anything dropped in the network calls.

• Edited by kylet.brooks Tuesday, March 21, 2017 8:03 PM added to question
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 8:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm not able to reproduce this. It loads very fast on IE11. Have you tried it on the interactive SDK: http://www.bing.com/api/maps/sdkrelease/mapcontrol/isdk#autoSuggestUi+JS In general IE11 will be slower than most other popular browsers as it is fairly old and isn't updated. That said, I've done majority of my testing on IE11 and haven't had any performance issues when it came to autosuggest.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 9:53 PM
  • Thank you Ricky for your response.  I greatly appreciate it.  I'm starting to wonder if it's a network issue.  We've had Bing maps for a long time, but this is the first time we've implemented the AutoSuggest module.  I find it weird it works flawlessly in Chrome and other browsers.  I'm seeing at least a 4 second delay on the initial request in IE 11.  After that, it seems to work as expected.  

Again, appreciate your response. I see that you personally answer most questions.  

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:56 PM
  • If the delay is on page load then it likely is that the map script is loading and setting itself up in the background. Maybe take a look at the network requests to see if any are taking a long time.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:21 AM