Some queries RRS feed

• Question

• I am very new to Azure SQL database  and I have some query 

1. it's something different when running sp_who2 in Azure DB. There are some background process from different server :

DmvCollector                                                                                                                   
    BackupService                                                                                                                  
    NodeAgent                                                                                                                      
    MetricsDownloader                                                                                                              
    MetricsDownloader                                                                                                              
    VaService                                                                                                                      
    TdService  
     what are they ?

2. Can choose specific full database backup to restore ? or just point-in-time recovery ?

3. Can point-in-time recovery to the same db name ?

4. what's the procedure to restore if the DB is deleted ?

5. how to charge license for Active Geo-replication ? and what's the RPO? I know it's always-on in backend with async mode.

6. How to detect failover for geo-restore and  Active Geo-replication?

7. Can I change the timezone for the azure database ? when I type select getdate() it's different timezone. I am wondering when migrate the db from premise to azure db. the time will get all wrong!!!

Thursday, August 9, 2018 2:44 PM

All replies