none
Why does visual studio decrease the resolution of the forms when it is run?

Question

• I'm doing coursework on visual studio and when i create a form the resolution is the same as my laptops (3840x2160) but when i run the program the forms become notably more pixelated, is there any reason for this? is there something i can do to fix it or is it just to do with my large resolution?

Saturday, December 03, 2016 5:57 PM

All replies

• Check how the AutoScaleMode property of the form affects the behaviour. Make several executables using None, Font and Dpi values, and try them on different machines.

Saturday, December 03, 2016 7:15 PM
  • I don't believe Visual Studio decreases the resolution of the Form when the application is run from within Visual Studio.

In the Visual Studio designer window for the Form the Forms resolution is dependent on how Visual Studio handles that. When the app is run the Forms resolution is dependent on how the app handles that whether the app is run from Visual Studio or the apps .exe is clicked on to run the app.

La vida loca

Saturday, December 03, 2016 7:24 PM
  • I tried what you said but no luck, changing the AutoScaleMode to Dpi should have fixed it but i now think because I first started this program by creating a database on a lower resolution computer then i came to my laptop to create the forms. when i run the program i now realize that the forms seem to revert to the resolution of the computer on which i started. does visual studio do that? does visual studio set a default resolution when you start a project?
    Sunday, December 04, 2016 12:57 PM
  • Hi Thomas_Martin,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Does your issue is solved or not? If not, please share me what's your project type?

If so, could you please share your solution or if you think the reply from Viorel_ or Mr.Monkey is helpful, you can mark it as answer that will help other community members who have the same or similar issue to easier search this solution, thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 05, 2016 9:44 AM