none
System.Speech Misrecognition Correction RRS feed

• Question

• Is here a way through the .NET Framework to correct misrecognitions, add/delete/modify words for a specific user profile?
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:52 AM

All replies

• Hi treefittae,

Welcome to MSDN Forum Support.

If you want to know the information about TTS, you can take a look at Exploring New Speech Recognition And Synthesis APIs In Windows Vista.The speech recognition engine is accessed via SAPI. Even the classes in the System.Speech.Recognition namespaces wrap the functionality exposed by SAPI. You can use the API including of System.Speech.Recognition to make misrecognition correct,the approach of exhaustively listing every possible thing a user can say is tedious, error prone, difficult to maintain, and only practically achievable for very small grammars. It is preferable to define a grammar that defines the ways in which words can be combined. Also, if the application cares about the size, toppings, and type of crust, then the developer has quite a task to parse these values out of the result string. It's much more convenient if the recognition system can identify these semantic properties in the results. This is very easy to do with System.Speech.Recognition and the Windows Vista recognition engine.

Sincerely,

Jason Wang

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 11:38 AM
  • I don't think you understand me. I want to be able to programmatically correct in the same manner as if a user was using WSR in notepad and said "correct that" with a word selected. I want to be able for the user to type in the correct spelling and then add a recording if necessary. Have all this added to their personal profile. Do you know how to achieve this utilizing the .net Speech namespace?
    Friday, August 30, 2013 12:10 AM