Script Errors, MSDN, Jan08 Library for VS2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

(MS.MSDNQTR.v90.en)

I've installed the Jan 2008 MSDN Library for VS2008 document set from the MSDN DVD. It works fine except when I try to view ANY topic in the Win32/COM "Automation" sub-section, I get a script error on EVERY page saying 'fb' is undefined.

Looks like a problem with the JavaScript function that sets of the feedback link at the foot of the page.

I could not "Send Feedback" because the feeback is broke - catch 22!
    Sunday, April 6, 2008 2:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Gerry,

Thanks for using MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2008. I've verified the script error in the Win32/COM - Component Development - Automation documentation. I will report this bug to the Automation SDK team. In the meantime please click the "No" button in the error dialog to see the page. Sorry about the inconvenience and hope it will be fixed in the next release. 

FYI:  Visual Studio & .NET Framework Product Feedback Center is available. If you find bugs in Visual Studio 2008 you may report a bug via https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio .

Thank you.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 11:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Gerry,

Thanks for using MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2008. I've verified the script error in the Win32/COM - Component Development - Automation documentation. I will report this bug to the Automation SDK team. In the meantime please click the "No" button in the error dialog to see the page. Sorry about the inconvenience and hope it will be fixed in the next release. 

FYI:  Visual Studio & .NET Framework Product Feedback Center is available. If you find bugs in Visual Studio 2008 you may report a bug via https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio .

Thank you.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 11:44 PM
  • Hi Michiko,

Thanks for the help with this, but I need a work around. I can't read the whole of the automation docs clicking "no" to every script error. There must be a way to disable "Active Scripting" for the IE7 zone used by MSDN??
    Saturday, April 12, 2008 10:27 PM
  • Hi Michiko,

I have encountered the same problem as Gerry Hickman even with the new SP for Visual Studio. The problem appeared when I deinstalled VS2008 Pofessional, deinstalled VS2005 Standard and then activated IIS and installed VS2008 again. Before with VS2005 standard installed I didn't had this problem.

Can it be an option to install the MSDN Library from VS2005 again and the VS2008 MSDN Library?

Kind Regards,

Marcel
    • Edited by MKollenaar Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:10 PM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:10 PM