Restarting a persisted workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
          I would like to load a persisted workflow and then restart it from the beginning.  I can see how to resume any set bookmarks , but I need a way to set the execution to the beginning of the workflow.  Is there a way to dynamically alter the workflow to do this?  I can think of some kludgy ways of doing it that would require some really messy workflow changes.

Thanks,
    Mark Johnson
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 5:12 PM

All replies

• Why not just start a new instance of the workflow? Can you give more details of your scenario?
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 6:39 PM
  • The scenario is this:

1) A Person (Enrollee) enters data at an Enrollment Station, but decides to Suspend the process midway for administrative assistance (incomplete Workflow gets persisted).
    2) Enrollee walks over to the helpdesk (Admin Station), where an Administrative Employee loads the persisted workflow for the Enrollee.
    3) Instead of the workflow resuming where it left off (last set bookmark), we want to start the workflow at the beginning (with all of the collected data so far) so the Administrative Employee can review all of the collected data and assist the Enrollee in finishing the rest of the data collection process.

FYI, the workflow is being used as a UI flow controller as well as a data collection method.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010 6:53 PM
  • I'm not sure I follow the scenario correctly.

In step (3) why do you not want to restart the process from where it was last saved? You mention you want to restart the workflow with all of the collected data - so it is not really from the beginning but from the point it was last saved, yes?

Tuesday, January 5, 2010 9:19 PM