none
Windows update KB3205401 on windows server 2012 R2 affecting system functions in Visual Studio

Question

• Hi,

Following Windows Update KB3205401, there seems to be a change in Visual Studio's RegionInfo and ISOCurrencySymbol.

The symbol "byr" - the currency of Belarus - which was available and existed before the update, seems to no longer exist.

In general, before the update there were 112 ISOCurrencySymbols in RegionInfo, and after the update - 108.

I was wondering why is this, and how can it be returned.

Thanks

EDIT:

Upon further investigating, seems like BYR turned to BYN,
    and the missing currencies are: BTN, CUP, DJF and XDR.

• Moved by Sabah ShariqMVP Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:44 PM Moved From Visual C#
    • Edited by Movsho Thursday, January 26, 2017 4:10 PM
    Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is Visual C# forum. As your issue is related to Visual Studio I am moving your thread to Visual Studio General forum for getting quick response.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:44 PM
  • Thanks.

I was not sure where to put it, as the problem is in (Visual Studio) C#.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:49 PM
  • Hi Movsho,

>>Upon further investigating, seems like BYR turned to BYN,

Yes, according to the MSDN document, it is BYR, but it has been renamed as BYN:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.globalization.regioninfo.isocurrencysymbol(v=vs.110).aspx

My OS in Win10 Enterprise, and MSDN document has an update delay. So I suggest that we had better set the latest symbol as standard. We could not do some settings in Visual Studio. :)

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 27, 2017 2:37 AM
  • Hi Oscar,

Thanks for the answer.

Shouldn't MSDN be updated BEFORE the update, so that developers could make the required adjustments to updates such as this?

What about the 4 missing currencies - BTN, CUP, DJF and XDR?
    As I understand, XDR isn't a real convertible currency, but why were the others removed?

Sunday, January 29, 2017 12:18 PM
  • Hi Movsho,

I helped you submitted a feedback to the VS connect, I think engineers from Microsoft will evaluate this issue seriously. You could comment and vote it.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/3120477

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 9:04 AM