none
Correction for [MS-OXCDATA] section 2.2.5.1 (One-Off EntryID) RRS feed

• Question

• In reference to [MS-OXCDATA] section 2.2.5.1 seen here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee202811%28v=EXCHG.80%29.aspx

It shows that the display name starts at offset 23, but in practice I have seen that it starts at offset 24.  It appears that the mistake in the documentation is that it says the version is only 1 byte, but really the version is 2 bytes.

Another error is that it says the MAE mask is 0x0C00, but that doesn't make sense because then it would overlap with the Format.  I believe it is supposed to say the mask is 0x6000.

Please make these corrections for the next revision of this document.

Friday, August 6, 2010 10:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Starshock,

Investigation into this issue for [MS-OXCDATA] section 2.2.5.1 confirms the document is incorrect for Version, as you point out, and will be corrected.  Version is a two byte field - If that change is made the rest of the flags that follow Version in that section of the packet (Pad, MAE, Format, M, U, R, L and the final Pad) will line up with the masks that are given in the diagram.

I hope this resolves your issue.

Regards,

Mark Miller

Escalation Engineer

US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

• Marked as answer by Chris Mullaney Wednesday, September 1, 2010 5:02 PM
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:22 PM

All replies

•  

Thank you for your report.  A member of the Protocols team will verify your observations and respond soon.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team
    Friday, August 6, 2010 10:46 PM
  • Hi StarShock,

I am investigating this issue and am close to resolution.  I will update you asap.  Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Mark Miller

Escalation Engineer

US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:49 PM
  • Hi Starshock,

Investigation into this issue for [MS-OXCDATA] section 2.2.5.1 confirms the document is incorrect for Version, as you point out, and will be corrected.  Version is a two byte field - If that change is made the rest of the flags that follow Version in that section of the packet (Pad, MAE, Format, M, U, R, L and the final Pad) will line up with the masks that are given in the diagram.

I hope this resolves your issue.

Regards,

Mark Miller

Escalation Engineer

US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

• Marked as answer by Chris Mullaney Wednesday, September 1, 2010 5:02 PM
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:22 PM