Visual Studio 11 Ultimate Problem ?

Question

•  . ok so i am planning to develop my very first metro app using Visual Studio 11 Ultimate Beta which is installed on Windows Consumer Preview Build 8250. but my problem is . i seem not to have any tools at my toolbox when i start to create a project via C# & XAML . i also dont see the new feature that is previewing the app while in work . i admit that i am new in programming applications and have no enough knowledge in developing metro apps yet . i posted this as if i am hoping for help from others . thanks
    Friday, April 20, 2012 6:53 AM

All replies

• Hello,

When you open a .xaml file you should be able to see the UI designer for the form. If you see only xml code, then check on the bottom of the editor and you should find icons that will allow you to work in split screen or only with the designer.

The toolbox will be filled ony when in the designer if you only see code on the screen the toolbox will be empty.

Hope that helps,

Thank You,

-Joseph

• Proposed as answer by Horizon_Net Friday, April 20, 2012 9:44 PM
    Friday, April 20, 2012 4:40 PM
  •  well sir thanks for your reply & i have followed your instructions . but i seem to find a note at the bottom when i click the app.xaml saying "This App does not support preview" . so my question sir if you may, is how can i resolve this ? . thanks in advanced once again :)
    Saturday, April 21, 2012 6:54 AM
  • Hello Kristiancua,

Could you walk me through the steps you follow to create a new project?

Thank You,

-Joseph

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:43 AM
  • Hello,

I just noticed that you mention app.xaml. app.xaml only contains informations about the application and not UI and this is why you don't see any preview.

If for example you create a grid application (Metro Style) then you should try to open GroipDetailPage.xaml for example, or, any of the other xaml (besides app).

If you create a blank application, always in the metro style section, then you should open the BlankPage.xaml file to see some content.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

Joseph

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:46 AM
  • Sir, this is the snap shot of my very puzzling problem with Visual Studio 11 Ultimate Beta.

The problem snapshot im facing with Visual Studio 2011 Ultimate Betaf

Friday, April 27, 2012 3:58 AM
  • Hello,

The file that you have opened is the .cs one which contains the code behind the UI which will be displayed by your application.
    If you double click on the .xaml file which is right about the .cs one in the tree of the solution explorer, you will se the XML code for that view plus the design environment which you can use to add controls.

Thank You,

Joseph

Friday, April 27, 2012 4:31 PM