none
Automatic calculate on MS Office 2016 MSI installation type RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Please refer to below link:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ea959321-e442-4558-864b-7bf7ec5df7d2/udf-will-be-affected-by-automatic-calculate-or-calculate-now-under-formula-tab?forum=exceldev

In above linked, it seems all talk about the recalculation issue on  MS Office 365. Please confirm whether this issue till persist on MS Office 2016 Professional Plus build 16.0.4639.1000 on the MSI installation type.(It works well in MS Office 2010,Thanks.

Monday, January 29, 2018 5:05 AM

All replies

• Hi yp Wang,

I am available with version below of Excel 2016 Office 365 Pro Plus(Click To Run).

You had requested to check for an issue," if calculation is set it to automatic calculate or click calculate now, excel will change value of UDF. "

In that thread, Op shared 2 Files.

Below is the testing result of File named, 'dtest.xslm'

Below is the testing result of File named, 'dtest_New.xslm'.

From the testing result, It looks we can reproduce the issue with first file but we are not able to reproduce the issue with new file.

It looks like op modify his code which solves his issue.

I suggest you to try to refer both files and check for the modification done by op to solve the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 3:32 AM
  • I am not talking about Excel 2016 Office 365 Pro Plus(Click To Run type),but MS Office 2016 Professional Plus build 16.0.4639.1000 on the MSI installation type.

I'd like to attach the version screen but is not allowed.

Please confirm whether this issue till persist on MS Office 2016 Professional Plus build 16.0.4639.1000 on the MSI installation type.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 5:38 AM
  • Hi yp Wang,

I try to find the machine with MSI Installation and below is the version of that.

Below is the testing result of File named, 'dtest.xslm'

Below is the testing result of File named, 'dtest_New.xslm'.

You can see that I got the same result as before.

Further, You can try to inspect the code with in those 2 files and check for the difference.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 8:09 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Please advise what the answer is of the query? Does the issue exist on build 16.0.4639.1000 or notwhat is the change for the new 'dtest_New.xslm' which seems works well?

Also, Please advise whether currently MS Office 2016 Professional Plus build 16.0.4639.1000 is latest build version on the MSI installation type? Thanks.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 8:39 AM
  • Hi yp Wang,

You had asked several questions,

(1) Please advise what the answer is of the query?

Answer is already displayed in Column C.

(2) Does the issue exist on build 16.0.4639.1000 or not

I already show you the test results using build (16.0.4266.1001). I think that you will get same result on build (16.0.4639.1000). I am not available with exact build version (16.0.4639.1000).

(3) what is the change for the new 'dtest_New.xslm' which seems works well?

If we check the function. op is calling function below.

Public Function AG_SMLK(ParamArray v() As Variant)
    Dim PassArray As Variant
        PassArray = v()
        AG_SMLK = GetCellValue("AG_SMLK", Application.Caller, PassArray)
    End Function

The same function is available in old file. Possible that change was done with in any other function like GetCellValue() or the functions that used by GetCellValue() Function. 

The code is very long. currently, It is not possible for me to revise whole code. You can try to check it by yourself to verify the same.

(4) Please advise whether currently MS Office 2016 Professional Plus build 16.0.4639.1000 is latest build version on the MSI installation type?

Based on my search latest build version for MSI installation type is (16.0.4229.1024).

I suggest you to inform us about your actual issue. It is possible that your actual issue may or may not related with the issue mentioned in that thread.

If you inform us about your issue then we can directly try to look in to that and try to provide you suggestions for that.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 1:32 AM
  • Thank you.

You mean the recalculation issue(https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ea959321-e442-4558-864b-7bf7ec5df7d2/udf-will-be-affected-by-automatic-calculate-or-calculate-now-under-formula-tab?forum=exceldev) has been resolved in MSI installation type is (16.0.4639.1000).Right?

bit confused that MSI installation 16.0.4229.1024 is the latest build than 16.0.4639.1000, it seems 16.0.4639.1000 is higher. Could you please confirm? Thanks.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 4:01 AM
  • Hi yp Wang,

You had asked,"has been resolved in MSI installation type is (16.0.4639.1000).Right?"

Based on testing, There is 2 Files.

original file cause the issue when click on Automatic calculation.

Modified file is working fine when click on Automatic calculation.

Both files gives same result on any version of Excel.

So to decide, Whether the issue caused by Excel Application or there is any fault in code of that file.

You need to study and understand the whole code of both the files, then you can find the difference between code and can decide whether the issue is in the application or in the code.

From that thread, It is not clear that there is a issue in Excel Application and that thread is still open.

I am not sure about your overall requirement.

If you just want to know about that thread then you need to study the code by yourself.

If you have any issue similar like that thread then let us inform about that.

We can try to help you to solve your issue.

I again confirm with other team which use the MSI version of Excel and (16.0.4639.1000) is the latest one.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, February 1, 2018 6:17 AM