MSDeploy to Azure Web Apps failing randomly with a remote Internal Server Error: ERROR_COULD_NOT_CONNECT_TO_REMOTESVC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have about 6 azure sites which when updating with MSDeploy are now failing randomly with the error ERROR_COULD_NOT_CONNECT_TO_REMOTESVC.

Also azure appears to be returning a 500: Internal Server Error

I have also tried deploying from Visual Studio(different PC) but that fails as well.

I have reset all my PC's and routers etc but that hasn't helped either.

It has been working great for the past 6 months or so, then for a past week it has dropped dead.

Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentDetailedException: Could not connect to the remote computer ("bathroomcompare.scm.azurewebsites.net") using the specified process ("Web Management Service") because the server did not respond. Make sure that the process ("Web Management Service") is started on the remote computer. Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#ERROR_COULD_NOT_CONNECT_TO_REMOTESVC. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
    10:11:52
    Error
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    Error
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.AgentClientProvider.GetHttpResponse(HttpWebRequest request)
    Error
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    Error
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.AgentClientProvider.GetHttpResponse(HttpWebRequest request)
    Error
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.AgentClientProvider.PerformHeadRequestHelper(Boolean getVersionInfo, Version& maximumSupportedVersion, Version& minimumSupportedVersion)
    Error
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.AgentClientProvider.PerformHeadRequestForAuthentication()
    Error
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.AgentClientProvider.RemoteDestSync(DeploymentObject sourceObject, DeploymentSyncContext syncContext, Nullable`1 syncPass, String syncSessionId)
    Error
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncToInternal(DeploymentObject destObject, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions, PayloadTable payloadTable, ContentRootTable contentRootTable, Nullable`1 syncPassId, String syncSessionId)
    Error
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentProviderOptions providerOptions, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)
    Error

Error

Any Ideas? Thanks

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 9:30 AM

All replies