Special Folders in Mail RRS feed

• Question

• I can find no way in Windows 8.1 Mail as to why I lost my Deleted Folders as well as the spam and junk mail? When I go to settings>accounts, at the very bottom of the settings there are three boxes that USE to be empty under the heading Special Folders labeled Sent Mail, Deleted Mail, and Junk Mail. Each box had a dropdown button and when you clicked on them, they were empty. Now, they are showing all of my folders that I had made as well as my subfolders! I didn't make any changes and have no idea why these special folders are there. Is there an explanation for this and will I lose the emails I was saving?

This is completely different than what I am use to and it seems there should be an explanation somewhere as to why these "Special Folders" are now filled up when they were originally! I can't even find my deleted folder to see what I had deleted!

Please help to make sense out of this in lamens terms. It is  extremely confusing to say the least!

I am not computer savvy and I don't even know what forum I am suppose to be in!

Please help!

Friday, December 19, 2014 1:57 AM