none
Making apps run on other PCs?

Question

• I was trying with my USB and another PC to take the .exe in my project list inside of my debug and release folder, they both failed. Is there anyway for me to compile it so it works on other computers???
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 1:44 AM

All replies

• I was trying with my USB and another PC to take the .exe in my project list inside of my debug and release folder, they both failed. Is there anyway for me to compile it so it works on other computers???

Yes, of course. But you need to deploy the application. Deployment doesn't just mean copying the *.exe file to the target machine, but typically also involves setting up the dependent software that the exe file requires. Exactly what that software consists of depends on your software. You haven't mentioned anything about what your software consists of, what language you used for development, whether or not it is a .NET application.

Assuming you have developed a .NET application, at the very least you need to ensure the correct .NET Framework has been installed on the target machine.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 2:51 AM
  • I am using C++, also I am running Windows 7(No apps for me :c). And the other PC has Windows Vista.

Note: The Win Vista has .NET too.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:53 AM
  • I am using C++, also I am running Windows 7(No apps for me :c). And the other PC has Windows Vista.

Note: The Win Vista has .NET too.

Which version of C++? Which  compiler? Visual C++? gcc?

Ok. For Visual C++ the easiest way of deployment is to compile your program using the /MT switch. This ensures that all dependent library runtime code is incorporated into the EXE and then it can be installed simply by coping the EXE to the target computer. If you use the /MD switch, then you need to install the Visual C++ Runtime.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 4:15 AM
  • Im going to be using Visual Studio 2015 community, latest version of C++ on VS2015Com And I have no idea what a GCC is...
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 3:41 AM
  • Im going to be using Visual Studio 2015 community, latest version of C++ on VS2015Com
    Did you try using the /MT switch as I suggested?
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:11 AM
  • How do I do so?
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 11:51 PM
  • The /MT switch does not work.... :(
    Friday, February 19, 2016 4:17 AM
  • The /MT switch does not work.... :(

What do you mean "does not work"? You need to provide sufficient details if you expect someone in this forum to help you.

Did you build using the Release Build? Did you copy the exe to the target computer? When you ran the exe, did you get an error? If so what is the error message?

Friday, February 19, 2016 4:36 AM