TreeViewAdapter.vb RRS feed

• Question

• User478895623 posted

As a VB version of the adapters is no longer maintained by CodePlex, does anyone know where I can get a copy of TreeViewAdapter.vb? I've tried to convert the C# version, but I'm struggling.

Thanks.

Sunday, February 15, 2009 10:32 AM

All replies

• User1747761241 posted

Please ask the group what your having trouble converting and don't give up on it. 

You can use c# as is in a vb website.  add a c# webproject to the website.  drop the treeviewadapter.cs into the c# webproject and add a reference to the c# webproject to your website.

May I invite you to learn javascript to further your web development skill set?  You actually get the proverbial two birds with one stone.

c# is like javascript

[] for index on array just like javascript.

if(condition) {code block};  again just like javascript.

end function is a close bracket }  and again just like javascript.

next is a close bracket }  again just like javascript.

Sunday, February 15, 2009 11:41 AM
  • User478895623 posted

Hi Danny, perhaps I gave the wrong impression.

I'm ok with referencing C# libraries, but doing this with the CSS adapters would interfere with/override my heaviliy modified MenuAdapter.vb. I therefore need a VB version of TreeViewAdapter to sit alongside my MenuAdapter.vb.

As much as I would like to learn C# (I'm familiar with Javascript), this is a long-term VB project, so not at the moment. I dropped the contents of TreeViewAdapter.cs into an online converter as an attempt at a quick-fix, but it produced some errors. What I am hoping for is that someone will have a copy of  TreeViewAdapter.vb.

Paul

Sunday, February 15, 2009 5:19 PM