none
Suddenly my storage key stopped working

Question

• My app stopped working because the key to my storage account is not recognized as valid, however, it is valid. I checked again and again.

Nobody changed the key. For some reason stopped working.

Please help

Friday, May 1, 2015 4:50 AM

Answers

• so so so sorry.

I'm developing a time sensitive application and had to change my local time. It was that! So, I'm a bit newbie sometimes :)

Is that because I'm pointing to the SSL version?

thank you!

Seb.

Friday, May 1, 2015 5:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Sebnetarg,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

In the meantime, I would suggest you to use the secondary key and check if it resolves the issue. Then you can regenerate the primary key. [I assume you are having issues with the primary key].

http://justazure.com/microsoft-azure-storage-queues-part-3-security-performance-tips/

Regards,

Mekh.

Friday, May 1, 2015 2:47 PM
  • I changed the configuration to the secondary key.

But, how can that happen? I keep the broken key for investigation.

Friday, May 1, 2015 4:05 PM
  • Well,

Now it seems that the secondary key is starting to fail, at least in my dev environment, not yet in production.

I've been managing azure storage accounts for almost 3 years, I'm not a newbie. Something's going wrong.

Friday, May 1, 2015 5:02 PM
  • so so so sorry.

I'm developing a time sensitive application and had to change my local time. It was that! So, I'm a bit newbie sometimes :)

Is that because I'm pointing to the SSL version?

thank you!

Seb.

Friday, May 1, 2015 5:12 PM
  • Can you elaborate what you meant by changing the local time? I'd like to better understand your scenario so that we can find out the exact reason.
    Sunday, May 3, 2015 2:15 AM
  • Yes, it seems that if I change my computer clock several hours, the login to storage account starts failing.
    Sunday, May 3, 2015 6:26 AM