none
Another bad file RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hi Dave,

Thank you for your inquiry about Microsoft open specifications. We have created an incident for investigating this issue. One of the Open specifications team member will contact you shortly.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open Specifications

Friday, November 15, 2019 8:55 PM
  • Hi Dave, 

I'll see if I can find the problem but from the background story on the document, it's possible that this might be considered a corrupt document. If there's anything else you can shared about how it was created and what areas of the format might be in question, please share. 

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Saturday, November 16, 2019 8:32 AM
  • Hi Tom;

The template they used is here. One interesting thing I noticed, dropbox will display the contents of the "bad" file. So it is able to render it. Which leads me to believe it's some property PowerPoint doesn't like, not major corruption.

thanks - dave

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

Saturday, November 16, 2019 9:04 PM
  • Thank you for the additional information. I'll dig into it and see what I can find, then get back to you next week.

Tom

Saturday, November 16, 2019 10:49 PM
  • We figured this out - references (rId) that had no matching entry.

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

• Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Friday, November 22, 2019 11:31 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2019 11:31 PM
  • Thanks for letting me know Dave. I had found a lot of miscellaneous issues with XML bits that PowerPoint didn't like but going through them was taking some time. Glad you figured it out. 

Tom

Saturday, November 23, 2019 12:13 AM