Running Scripts 3.5 need 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

I have a ASPX site and a database when loaded to the server I ran into a problem.  The provider said that my site is running scrips at 3.5 and that only 4.0 is supported.  How can I change from 3.5 to 4.0 without redoing the complete site.  I am using EX4 and the site runs great on the local server. Any assistance would be greately appreciated.

Monday, October 29, 2012 3:20 PM

Answers

• Do you have a 3.5 web.config file?  Full of references to "Version=3.5.0.0"?  That won't work on 4.0.

Rename (eventually delete) the old web.config. Create an asp.net 4 web.config (EW will create the version you ask it to).  Be aware that asp.net 4 web.configs are considerably sparser, needing less information, than earlier ones, so don't be surprised to see that.  If you have site-specific things in your existing web.config (such as a Connection string), move it.  Test it and see if that's all you need to do.

• Marked as answer by johnd487 Monday, October 29, 2012 6:46 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2012 5:13 PM

All replies

• Do you have a 3.5 web.config file?  Full of references to "Version=3.5.0.0"?  That won't work on 4.0.

Rename (eventually delete) the old web.config. Create an asp.net 4 web.config (EW will create the version you ask it to).  Be aware that asp.net 4 web.configs are considerably sparser, needing less information, than earlier ones, so don't be surprised to see that.  If you have site-specific things in your existing web.config (such as a Connection string), move it.  Test it and see if that's all you need to do.

• Marked as answer by johnd487 Monday, October 29, 2012 6:46 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2012 5:13 PM
  • Thank you.  Other than the Connection string configeration is there anything else I should transfer to work with the Database on the website?
    Monday, October 29, 2012 6:48 PM
  • I don't know your site.  Try it.
    Monday, October 29, 2012 7:13 PM
  • Thank you it seems to work but now the server is down.
    Monday, October 29, 2012 7:56 PM