none
NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting - faulting module ntdll.dll - Windows 2003 Server machine with 8CPUs

Question

• I have an application developed in VC++ 6.0 that uses ATL COM. The application makes calls to some APIs in Class Libraries developed using .Net Framework 2.0. The application reads and writes data to SQL Server 2005 database

The application is a server application running as a Windows Service. It is responsible for downloading files to multiple clients concurrently. When around 250 clients request for the download concurrently following error is shown in the EventViewer and the module crashes. 

Event Type:Error
    Event Source:.NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
    Event Category:None
    Event ID:1000
    Date:9/11/2008
    Time:10:39:39 PM
    User:N/A
    Computer:<Host-name>
    Description:
    Faulting application MyApp.exe, version 3.0.0.19, stamp 48a17c6b, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, stamp 45d70ad8, debug? 0, fault address 0x0001bd02.

I am facing the following error on Windows 2003 Server machine with 8CPUs. I have already applied the SP1 of both .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 on this machine.

• Edited by Shakir Friday, September 12, 2008 6:36 AM
    Friday, September 12, 2008 6:25 AM

Answers

• You'll have to get a better crash diagnostic than this.  Visit a debugger forum to find out how to generate minidumps for a crashing app and how to use them with Windbg to figure out where the code is crashing.
    Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:47 PM
    Friday, September 12, 2008 12:20 PM

All replies

• You'll have to get a better crash diagnostic than this.  Visit a debugger forum to find out how to generate minidumps for a crashing app and how to use them with Windbg to figure out where the code is crashing.
    Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:47 PM
    Friday, September 12, 2008 12:20 PM
  • I have these .Net runtime errors creep up monthly or so in many of my services. I would be very interested in what you suggest for a debugger that would show more. If you don't want to make a suggestion for fear of endorsing one product over another, tell us what you use.

For those of us browsing for errors and trying to weed through the thousands of hits on .Net runtime errors, it would be nice if you were a little more helpful. Your response isn't going to a single person but two thousands over time.
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 12:30 PM